Do you know a VAMPIRE?
This month’s topic of THE FEAST is very interesting. They use the term “VAMPIRE” to describe DIFFICULT PEOPLE.
The Vampire Series is composed of three talks:
1. How to spot a vampire
2. How to protect yourself from a vampire
3. How to transform a vampire
For this week, it’s Talk 1 at BGC THE FEAST. The talk was given by BGC THE FEAST builder, Bro. George Gabriel.
Who are VAMPIRES?
1. Vampires suck bloods of their victims
- they suck the life out of you
2. Vampires bite their victims and turn them to be just like them
- they influence you to be a person you are not until you become like them
3. Vampires are burn by sunlight
- they have a hard time admitting the truth about theirselves
- they’re in self denial of their faults and shortcomings
4. Vampires cannot see their own reflection in the mirror
- you fail to see the vampires in you
9 Common Types of Vampires
1. Criticizing Vampire
- he only sees what is wrong
- he is insecure
2. Controlling Vampire
- he manipulates you
- he will make you guilty
- he will bully you
3. Contradicting Vampire
- whatever you say, you are wrong!
4. Complaining Vampire
- he keeps on complaining
- he doesnt appreciate what he have
- God loves a cheerful giver (2 Cor 9:7)
5. Clinging Vampire
- cannot let you go
- he cannot function without you
- they are emotionally dependent to you
6. Crying Vampire
- he always feel he is a victim
- he makes an issue out of everything
7. Coward Vampire
- YES person: afraid to said “no”
- he is afraid to be rejected
- people pleaser
8. Comparing Vampire
- always looking with the other person
- there’ll always be someone better, but they dont see this. They are always unsatisfied.
9. Con Vampire
- these are people that you need to be most cautious.
- they look good, dress good, makes you feel good, appears happy, he looks good in totality - that’s why its hard for you to notice that he is a vampire
- great in the outside but when you enter his life he starts showing you his darkness
Why there are difficult people?
- No one is born a difficult person. All are born as God’s child. One becomes a difficult person because of life circumstances. There is someone or something that happened in his life that made him a difficult person.
- At the core of every difficult person, there is hurt, there is pain - a child that his hungry for love.
- Because they’re hurt, they tend to do these things:
1. Hurting people hurt other people.
- When other people hurt you, pause and ask, why did that person hurt you?
- Hurt people have unresolve issues/problems that are haven’t healed yet, thus, they will continue to hurt other people
2. Hurting people hurt easily
- They tend to think that people are hurting them.
- They easily judge that others are hurting them because they are already hurt - there is hurt to begin with. They are often confused. They thought that someone is hurting them but the truth is, what they’re feeling is what was already there and is only triggered by the recent minor event that took place.
Are you a vampire to others?
- Oftentimes, we are too busy looking for vampires that we forgot to look into ourselves.
- The exact weakness that irritates you about other often comes from your own unacknowledged weakness.
- The person who is aware and open about his own weaknesses is more forgiving.
How can you say to your brother, “Let me take the speck out of your eye”, when all the time there is plank in your own eye?
Romans 12: 10,13
You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another.
- Dont wait for them (VAMPIRES) to change, ask God to change you first.
There is hope for a vampire:
1. Let the light of God’s truth burn the vampire in you
- Let’s admit it and bring it before God
- When you admit it, don’t stop there and dwell on it. Go find a sheperd or a mentor who can guide you, who can be with you and who can help you change the VAMPIRE in you.
2. Let His love heal you
- You can get over it if you allow God’s love heal you.
- The question is: Will you allow Him to do it? Will you step in the light?